Thursday, February 13, 2014

Katrina and Kort Inn at St Johns

Last Friday I had the pleasure to work on a fantastic wedding at one of my favorite venues.  The Inn at St John's is a gorgeous location that has both a chapel and beautiful ballroom making it a popular choice for weddings.  
(Photo taken from St John's Webisite)
My bride and groom Katrina and Kort found their way to me from the mother of the bride Kathleen.  Our wedding planning started with several mock up designs of the flowers.  I'm happy to do mock ups for any of my brides.  I only charge the cost of the product and you can take home all the extra flowers to enjoy.  First we choose a peach garden rose, but after some reconsideration dark red garden roses were featured.
These are the first samples I made:

While they were gorgeous they were just to big for what Kathleen had in mind.  The second time I got it right:


The big day was finally here and I delivered the bouquet and centerpieces.  I was simply amazed by all the details Kathleen had worked so hard to incorporate into the wedding.  
Katrina's bouquet featured Rosa Prima Sahara roses, great heart dark red garden roses, ivory spray roses, stephanotis with crystals, a little bit of white wax flower, crystal branches, and greens.  The stem was detailed with an ivory lace wrap and crystal brooch.  Kort's boutonniere was a matching smaller rose with seeded eucalyptus, a crystal branch, and a stephanotis with crystal.  White Katrina's bouquet was a cascading bouquet the bridesmaids were round.  I can't wait to see the professional photos.  Some of the details included gold silverware, caramel apples in satin bags, and crystal bells on the tables to ring for making the bride and groom kiss.


Overall this wedding was very fun to work on.  I really appreciated the communication from the mother of the bride letting me know exactly what she wanted.  I will share the professional images when I get them.  I'm also adding the mercury glass vases to my rental collection.  









No comments:

Post a Comment